With World Chocolate Day fast approaching on 7th July, celebrity nutritionist Geeta Sidhu-Robb has provided some easy to make, vegan-friendly and healthy chocolate recipes for anyone looking to try something fresh, natural and delicious.
Geeta Sidhu-Robb is the CEO and Founder of the award-winning Nosh Detox, the UK’s first home detox and weight-loss delivery service, whose clients include Madonna, Gwyneth Paltrow and Poppy Delevingne.
Vegan Chocolate Truffle Recipe
· 125 grams vegan dark chocolate
· 95 grams coconut milk
· 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 1/4 teaspoon espresso powder
· 2 teaspoons maple syrup
· pinch of sea salt
· cocoa powder, for coating
1. Break chocolate into pieces and place chocolate in a bowl. In a small saucepan, heat coconut milk on low heat until it comes to a full simmer. Do not let it boil! Then, take off the heat and pour hot coconut milk over broken chocolate. Let sit for a minute or two. After sitting, stir with a spatula until all the chocolate has melted and you have a smooth chocolate ganache.
2. Add vanilla, espresso powder, maple syrup, sea salt and liquor (if using), to ganache. Stir well.
3. Chill your bowl of ganache in the refrigerator until ganache has thickened, about 2-3 hours. Stir every 30 minutes or so to ensure it chills evenly.
4.Once firm, using a teaspoon, scoop out portions of ganache and roll into balls with clean, cool hands.
5.If your palms start to get warm and messy, wash your hands before continuing. Roll truffles in cocoa powder to coat.
If you liked this Vegan Chocolate Truffle Recipe why not try Geeta's Vegan Chocolate Pot Recipe.